OLATHE, KS — Poole Fire Protection has teamed with SCIpact to solve the pressing fire protection challenges of Veterans Administration Hospitals nationwide. Facility managers with VA hospitals are constantly pressed to ensure their buildings are compliant with life safety codes, and this combined team will work with them to proactively ensure their facilities are fire safe.
This team has come together to help VA hospitals across the U.S. to solve two problems they face. First, proactive VA facility managers aim to show The Joint Commission, the organization that inspects and provides accreditation for healthcare organizations and programs, they are forward-looking at dealing with issues of fire protection and life safety code compliance. Having addressed these issues prior to a scheduled Joint Commission inspection can go a long way to securing accreditation and ultimately saving time and costs associated with correcting non-compliant conditions.
Secondly, the Veterans Administration annually sets aggressive contracting goals for working with small and Veteran-owned businesses and this program will help enable VA hospitals to meet these goals. Poole Fire Protection is a woman owned small business while SCIpact is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business.
Services this team is able to provide to VA hospitals includes:
- Building, Fire Protection and Life Safety Assessments
- Statement of Conditions preparation for The Joint Commission
- Develop Engineered Solutions for Non-Compliant Existing Conditions
- Fire/Smoke Barrier Evaluations and Program Development
- General Fire Protection and Life Safety Accreditation Consulting
- Design of Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression Systems
- Inspections, Testing and Maintenance Life Safety Systems and Features
- Construction Administration Services
SCIpact, based in Plymouth, Minnesota, is a professional services firm specializing in life safety, energy efficiency, IAQ, and MEP systems design and commissioning. Poole Fire Protection, based in the Kansas City area, has been providing fire protection engineering and life safety services for nearly 30 years. Together, this team offers a long history of working on VA and other medical facilities nationwide.